Saturday, May 28, 2011

Donations

I wanted to take the chance, here, to thank everyone who donated to the Yamamoto Fund. I am writing thank you letters, but I am not sure that they will reach everyone, but I just wanted to say thank you. It means a lot that everyone has come together to help Yamamoto after this huge disaster.

I just wanted to take a moment to make a breakdown of the collections:

America:
Currently in the Central Bucks Rotary account (check and pay pal): $5245
Expected from other sources in the US who have collected but not deposited: about $2000

Japan:
Currently in Koshigaya Higashi Rotary account: 423,123 yen ($5250)
Expected from other sources in Japan who have collected but not deposited: 300000 ($3722)

So, the grand total is currently $16217 or 130万7千009円.

I am starting to pull everything together in the US to get ready for a wire transfer to the Japanese account. I would like to have the money donated by early July, so I think the transfer will happen mid-June, then another transfer to my town in early July. It will still be possible to donate after the transfer to my town, but I want to get the money here sooner rather than later so that it can be used.
Again though, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment